Beacon Hill Fort

Beacon Hill Fort was built in 1890 to be the latest addition to the Harwich defences. Since Tudor times Harwich has been an important anchorage and many forts and batteries have been built to protect it. Beacon Hill was closed in 1956 but is now open to the public for the first time in its long history.

Opening times

Summer
Easter – 30 September
10:00 – 16:00
Last admission: 15:30
Winter
1 October – Easter
11:00 – 15:00
Last admission: 14:30

Weekends and Bank Holidays only

FREE ENTRY – though donations are always welcome!